Licensed Professional Counselor
As a sex therapist at Emma Schmidt and Associates, Emily infuses her passion for helping others grow and heal into practice. Having worked with populations from children to first responders, her diverse background allows for variety and adaptability in treatment to fit individual needs and goals.
Emily is a licensed professional counselor in the state of Ohio and has experience working with individuals, couples, families, adolescents, and specific populations such as military/first responders and LGBTQ+. Emily believes sex is meant to be an empowering experience free of fear, guilt, or shame that can lead to powerful relationship building and improvement in self-esteem and confidence.
Having already obtained advanced training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR), and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Emily continues to search for new and innovated methods to meet the varied individual needs of each client and to continue to better serve her community. The belief that everyone deserves an open, safe, and judgement-free environment to grow, heal, and embark on their therapeutic journey fuels her motivation as a professional and therapist.
- West Virginia University – BMDS (Biology, Health Promotion, Human Services)
- Liberty University – Graduate Certificate: Military Resiliency
- Liberty University – MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Liberty University – Ed.D. Community Care and Counseling & Traumatology – Current
- Modern Sex Therapy Institute, Sex Therapy – Current
- Individual Therapy
- Relationship Therapy
- Sex Therapy
- Therapy for Teens and Adults
- EMDR Therapy
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy
- DBT – Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- SYMBIS assessment
- Sex Therapy
Session Fee: $110.00
Emily is under the clinical and sex therapy supervision of Emma Schmidt, Ph.D., LPCC-S, CST.