Owner/Certified Sex Therapist
When my husband and I got married (over 10 years ago now!) we had a number of different sexual concerns arise. During that time we couldn’t find someone who felt competent to help us in our struggles. We ended up feeling very isolated. Through my own research, I found out that according to the American Medical Association four out of ten women and three out of ten men experience sexual problems. This helped me realize that others might be suffering as well and not have a place to reach out to. Due to my love for human sexuality, therapy and seeing a major need in our community, I decided to become certified as a sex therapist.
I now hear stories of others who also feel alone in their circumstances. These stories can sound like “Why do I feel sexual pain when the doctor says there’s nothing wrong?” “Why do we feel like roommates?” “Why does my partner watch porn vs. engage with me?” “Why don’t I want sex as much as my partner?” “How am I 20 and experiencing erectile dysfunction?” Sexual concerns are common and often times lead to isolation. However, most sexual concerns ARE treatable.
At Emma Schmidt & Associates, Sex + Relationship Therapy, we are here to meet you where you are in your journey and help guide you through those sexual challenges. I love this field and am so appreciative when others allow me to partner with them along side their journey.
- Sex Therapy Certification, Richmont Graduate University (2011)
- Master of Arts in Counseling, Cincinnati Christian University (2011)
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology and Biblical Studies, Cincinnati Christian University (2009)
- Former Board Member of the Patty Brisben Foundation
- American Association for Sex Educators Counselors and Therapist (AASECT) certified sex therapist
- American Board for Christian Sex Therapist certified sex therapist
- International Association for Certified Sexual Addiction Specialists – Certified Clinical Sexual Addiction Specialist
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) training
- Gottman Couples Therapy training
- Advanced training in Emotion Focused Therapy for couples
- Victims Advocacy and Crisis Intervention for sexual assault training
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy training
- Certified in Prepared and Enriched Marital Assessment
Session Fee: $200.00