Dr. Emma Schmidt
Emma Schmidt has a Ph. D. in Clinical Sexology, is a licensed professional clinical counselor, supervisor, and a certified sex therapist through the American Association for Sex Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) as well as the American Board for Christian Sex Therapists (ABCST). She is the owner of Emma Schmidt and Associates in Cincinnati, a therapy group practice which focuses on sex and relationship therapy. Emma received her Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies and Psychology as well as a Masters of Arts in Counseling from Cincinnati Christian University. She is currently a Doctoral Candidate in Clinical Sexology at the Modern Sex Therapy Institutes.
Since 2011 Emma’s goal has been to grow the sex therapy field in the Cincinnati tri-state area so that more people have access to quality sexual health care. She is a nationally recognized speaker and provides talks regularly in her community, providing free sexual health education for those who don’t have the ability to seek therapy. Emma is seen as a leader in the sexual therapy field in the Cincinnati area. Her specialty areas focus on sexual dysfunction, sexual pain disorders, desire discrepancies, couples therapy and sexual trauma.
Currently, Emma’s dissertation study is looking at EMDR as a therapy for vaginismus.
Be on the look out for her chapter contribution, “Female Sexual Pain” in the new edition of the book, Innovations in Clinical Practice: Focus on Sexual Health, coming out soon!
- Sex therapy
- Relationship therapy
- Individual therapy
- Clinical licensure supervision
- AASECT sex therapy supervisor for certification designation
- Therapist consultation
- Speaking engagements
- Ph.D in Clinical Sexology, Modern Sex Therapy Institute (2021)
- Sex Therapy Certification, Richmont Graduate University (2011)
- Master of Arts in Counseling, Cincinnati Christian University (2011)
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology and Biblical Studies, Cincinnati Christian University (2009)
- Former Board Member of the Patty Brisben Foundation
- American Association for Sex Educators Counselors and Therapist (AASECT) certified sex therapist
- American Board for Christian Sex Therapist certified sex therapist
- Institute for Creative Mindfulness certified EMDR therapist
- International Association for Certified Sexual Addiction Specialists – Certified Clinical Sexual Addiction Specialist
- Ohio Counseling, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist certified supervisor
- Sex Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) training
- Gottman Couples Therapy training
- Advanced training in Emotion Focused Therapy for couples
- Victims Advocacy and Crisis Intervention for sexual assault training
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy training
- Certified in Prepare/Enriched Pre-Marital Assessment
Session Fee: $285.00
At Emma Schmidt & Associates, Sex + Relationship Therapy, we are here to meet you where you are in your journey and help guide you through those sexual challenges. I love this field and am so appreciative when others allow me to partner with them along side their journey.