Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
Heather comes from a diverse background of both training and clinical experience. She started her career in behavioral health working as a case manager for adults who were diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness, helping to improve their general functioning and connecting them to community resources. From this work she gained experience working with a diverse spectrum of diagnoses; working with such disorders as Bipolar I and II, Schizophrenia, Major Depression, Generalized Anxiety, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, and more. As Heather began her Master’s Degree program, specializing in counseling and human development, she also changed directions in her career. She began working with children and adolescents, specializing in treating trauma related disorders. Through her work in community mental health, Heather has expanded her experience and training. Her experience includes working with children, adolescents, adults, and couples. Heather is trained in a variety of specialties and techniques; specializing in trauma centered approaches, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, LGBTQ+ affirming approaches, and Gottman Method Couples Therapy (Levels I and II, treatment of trauma and affairs, and couples and addiction recovery). One of Heather’s proudest achievements was becoming a registry member of the Star Behavioral Health Providers for the treatment of veterans, services members, and their families.
Heather has a passion for working with diverse individuals, experiencing a variety of disorders, and presenting with various needs. She strives to encourage people to find their strength and empowers them toward achieving their best life. From her time working in community mental health with individuals struggling with symptoms of trauma, she recognized the importance of healthy sex education and in normalizing people’s need to find validation in who they truly are as an individual. Heather is driven to support individuals, families, and couples in exploring their life experiences; guiding them through processing trauma and more.
- Shawnee State University-Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, 2016
- Lindsey Wilson College of Professional Counseling-Master’s Degree in Counseling and Human Development, 2020
- University of Michigan-Sex Counseling, Current
- General Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Couples and Relationship Therapy
- Child and Adolescent Therapy
- Sex Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Therapy for Service Members and Veterans
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Levels I and II
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy for Trauma and Affairs
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy for Couples and Addiction Recovery
- Crisis Intervention
- LGTBQ+ Affirming Care
Session Fee: $175.00
Heather is under the supervision of Margaret Pennington, LPCC-S.